Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-285 please shoot me

i think i have found the radio that well do me in what a mess and the schematic is hard to use, do you know of one that has diagrams? let me know...i am trying to find the value of a resistor on pin 1 2nd if 7b7 it goes to a 5 pin strip pin 5 goes on to the rotary switch to turn on the light bulbs am,police,shortwave they were working until i removed the burnt and no color resistor the bulb is a # 43 at 2.5 v under the bulb diagram it shows a 1.8 oms not sure if that's it ....that and a loud motor boating that controllable by volume cont it keep at it until it smoke me any help would be great this is my 2nd one 46-1226 works fine hope the same on this one Icon_smile
john
i thank i found it i put in new elect caps and they didn't work i put in a larger one and it worked for a while now it back moboat i'll try new caps

Looks like it's a 1.8ohm resistor. As for the motorboating since it not in the af amp I would track it down by grounding the control grid of each stage though a .1 cap until it stops. Af amp is ok so you don't have to do it there but I would suspect the IF stage for starters. Once you find the stage that is motorboating then check the screen bypass and the bypass on the b+ before it goes into the IF transformer. Did you dittle with the trimmers on the IF cans?
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

no all did was replace cap and resistors i thank i broke output transformer i ran with the speaker unplugged it looked plugged oh well ....the motorboating stopped when i installed larger filter caps now it one big hum no vol control, could it be output transformer it shows low ohms readings 148.4 & 171 ohms is that to low to work
thank for your help
john

Well sounds like you may have created a few problems by having the set on without the speaker pluged in. It may have damaged both 41 tubes. And it might have damaged the filter caps. Check the HV and see if it is up to what it should be. If it seems ok then try connecting another filter cap across one that's in the set. If the hum decreases then you got a bad filter cap in the set.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry