Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

47-1227 help

Suit yourself; in my view, the amount of information in the original Philco service data makes the cost well worth it. It clearly shows the locations of the various parts, as one example.

But to answer your question...paper caps are quite obvious. They are yellowish/tan in color, with part number and value in mfd (today known as uF) on the sides, and usually have an obvious thin coating of wax overall. Mica caps are roughly the size of a postage stamp, about 1/8" to 3/16" wide, dark brown in color with dots to indicate the value. Ceramics are either a small, thin, round tan piece with the leads coming from the edge, or else they resemble a very small dogbone resistor.

In other words, the various types can't be confused for one another Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron Ramirez Wrote:Suit yourself; in my view, the amount of information in the original Philco service data makes the cost well worth it. It clearly shows the locations of the various parts, as one example.

Oh, I fully agree. But I am trying to find a source for the original Philco documentation that I can actually pay for. Cheque or money order is a dealbreaker when crossing the borders.

-Mars

Other Candian customers, in the past, have sent checks payable in US dollars or International M.O. payable in US currency.
If you are uncomfortable with that method, just send me cash then, like others have done. US$7.00 does it.

Chuck