Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial Scale Removal

I've a model 610, just 610 that's going to need the dial scale replaced. I know there are repros out and that's great, but how do you remove those scales off of their mountings? Can someone direct me to an illustration or just let me know how it's done on this forum?

This set was mentioned earlier on in the forum. Wow, what a player. Just jumpered in a few 10mfd's to get rid of the LOUD HUM to hear if it's going to be a player or not. Sounds real good. Back to the soldering tool to do it right. Thanks all for your help.

GB

73 de,

Gary/N9VU

That 1 1/2 inch perforated disc in the center of the dial- put the tips of your needle nosed pliers in the holes and turn counter-clockwise just a bit. The disc will fall off; the dial simply pulls off the two pins.

In getting a replacement I recommend Mark Oppat at Antique Audio (moppat@comcast.net ); his dials are nearest to the original in color although somewhat darker. The RockSea dials are VERY light in color and look odd in my opinion.

Pete AI2V

AI2V Wrote:That 1 1/2 inch perforated disc in the center of the dial- put the tips of your needle nosed pliers in the holes and turn counter-clockwise just a bit. The disc will fall off; the dial simply pulls off the two pins.

In getting a replacement I recommend Mark Oppat at Antique Audio (moppat@comcast.net ); his dials are nearest to the original in color although somewhat darker. The RockSea dials are VERY light in color and look odd in my opinion.

Hey, thanks for the info. I didn't realize it was that simple. I'll give it a
try. Thanks for the advice on dial covers as well. I've only bought one in my radio career from RocksSea and you're correct, looks a bit brighter than usual, but I do like it. Thanks again for the helpful advice. GB.

73 de,

Gary/N9VU