Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 60 on/off potentiometer

I am working of this Philco Model 60 and have a bad on/off switch. It is riveted shut so I don't think it is something I can easily fix. The pot is .35 meg. about 1 1/2" in diameter with a 1" long by 1/4" flatted shaft. I have been looking around for something to replace this without muchluck. It is Philco part # 33-5006. I don't know what the appropriate wattage is or how critical the value is. The closest I have seen is 300k at Play things of the past. How critical is the value and wattage. It appears modern replacements are in the 500k / 1/2 watt range. I don't know if that would work. Thanks.

Rick

There's nothing special about the volume pot in the 60; replacing it with a 500K is probably the only way to go.

I recommend that you buy your replacement from RadioDaze; their pots come with an optional on/off switch for a few cents more. The shafts are also longer and made of aluminum- I cut them down to the correct length using a Dremel cut-off wheel. The cut-off wheel also l will cut the flattened surface for the knob. Be careful when cutting the flat so that you don't cut away too much and leave a loosely fitting knob.

Pete AI2V

Thanks for the input Pete. That makes life simple.

Rick