Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1935 Philco model 45L

All, I just picked up a 1935 Philco 45L at a radio auction for $5.00(along with 2nice consoles for a dollar a piece) . The chassis was in a box with a note saying it was rebuilt and ready to go. Upon inspection I noticed it actually was recapped and ready to go. Everything is there except for the dial scale. It should be an easy cabinet restoration and the only thing I need to find is a repro dial scale. Does anyone know if these are available? I think it would be easy to make a dail scale if I could find a scanned image.
Thanks in advance,
Keith

http://www.oldradioparts.net/dials1.html#
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry for the link. I didn't find anything when I did a google search.
Keith

Hello, Keith: The 45L is a nice looking set. Congrats!

Check out the "Resources" listed here on the main (home) page. Here you will find different vendors who can supply you with all the items you might require.

I personally have used several of Mark Oppat's dial scales that he has on his Old Radio Parts[i] [/i] site and they are excellent. He is also the aptly named "King of Controls" and has a huge stock of different switches and pots available.

All, I'm getting very close to finishing this radio but most of my knobs are loose because they're missing the small metal retainer that sits inside the knob hole. This metal retainer compresses when the knobs are pushed onto the shaft and holds the knob in place. Can someone tell me the proper name for these knob retainers and are reproductions available?
Thanks,
Keith

Knob springs. If you are going to be contacting Mark about a replacement dial he may well be able to help you with them as well.

Knob springs, that's one key word I didn't use in a search. Knowing the proper name makes finding things much easier. Unfortunately, I had already ordered my dial scale from Mark so I'll have to wait until I have enough additional items to make the minimum order,
Thanks,
Keith