Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Oscillator Coil 32-1311

I was troubleshooting a 37-84 and found that the oscillator coil is open. The Philco part number is 32-1311. Here are my questions:

1. Is there any other Philco oscillator coil that would be an acceptable substitute? If so, do you have the Philco part number? (Maybe I can get lucky and find one at Play Things of the Past).

2. Is there any oscillator coil currently stocked by AES or Radio Daze that would be an acceptable? The IF is 470 kHz, not 455.

Thanks for your help!

Joe Connor

I had this same problem on my 37-84. If it's the primary that's open, you're in luck.

Your best bet would be to rewind the primary yourself. It's not as difficult as you might believe. It's only a handful of turns (don't remember how many offhand), but the easiest thing you could do would be to unwind the primary and count the turns. Use some very light magnet wire to replace it and wind the new wire back on. An alternate fix would be to unwind the coil until you find the break, repair it, and wind it back on (considering the low number of turns, it might not be the best solution). When done, seal the coil back up with fingernail polish or some other similar solution.

If the secondary is open, that might be a tougher situation. For that I yield to Mr. Philco and/or Chuck, who can supply more specifics on the subject, since they're the experts. Icon_smile

IIRC, I used magnet wire I got at Radio Shack, and it worked fine. Good luck!

Bill

Sent from my Pentium II on the AT&T Dial Network