Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magnavox cr192

Just got a magnavox cr 192 fm receiver. This is my first tube anything. Before I start I was wondering if there is any type of amp or amp speaker set up I can run this through as I do not have any am radios for this to be an add on to. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject as I said I am a absolute beginner and this is my first

Just for the heck of it you can use amplified computer speakers. Should work ok. Here's the service info for it.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/327/M0010327.htm

Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hello and welcome.

Lucky you...some guys would love to have one of those Magnavox FM tuners. I have one, thanks to my friend Doug Houston, which I will be installing in my Magnavox Regency Symphony as soon as I have time to do so.

Many collectors who own the immediate postwar (1946-49) Maggie sets search for those optional FM tuners in order to be able to receive FM as well as the AM and SW that comes with the factory stock tuners.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Do you think anyone would trade this for a small easy to work on radio for a beginner.

You'd better believe it!

Please post a "for sale or trade" ad here in the Phorum; I have a feeling you'll find someone willing to trade with you right away.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Phorum member Mikhail7 might be interested in your CR-192, "flattopcomb." You might send him a PM.

Another Phorum member, w4rtc (Joe), has a Magnavox, but I think he already has an FM tuner for his set? Bill Cahill is another member with a Maggie...and Doug Houston has several Maggie sets, I think.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN