Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An other AK 55!

A women I work with told me she was throwing out an old console radio, she thought it was a Philco or maybe an Atwater Kent , she asked me if I'd be interested in it, I said yes , it turn out to be another Atwater Kent 55, I've now got these comming out my ears! Consoles ,bread boxs, and a Kiel table, If any one needs parts ,feel free to let me know

Sounds like another one saved from the scrap heap! I am beginning to think the radio market has sagged with people just tossing them out. What shape is the unit in? Icon_thumbup

No matter where you go, there you are.

The veneer is coming loose, the speaker grill cloth is in excellent condition , speaker is missing and all the tubes are gone , I think between all I have I can build two consoles each different, a Kiel Table and Ive got a bread box[metal] I got working years ago.
For what these radios are worth and the work to get them going $ wise they are not worth it , unless you love them!, I've notice that they are worth about the same unrestored or restored.

Wish I could luck into stuff like that. Either the things are in the trash and gone before I know about them, or I have to pay over $100 to buy the things around here. Not sure what AK stuff is really worth. Got Keil table several years back with the 60c chassis and that's the only AK I own.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I've got a 20,33,35,40,42,48,55,60,145, and a 558 Cathedral[my favorite] Atwater Kents + duplicates ,chassies and parts, and around 500 other makes, the old radios seam to find me and not the other way around, I have a 20 big box I restored and two other rough ones,that I originally got for parts, I'm trying to deside to part out or sell whole , but as you can tell I really should be selling off some sets ,mostly because there are others I'd like to own! Over the years I've given away sets I restored to friends and family. I hated to see these old sets end up in the junk , as most can be brought back to use able condition, lets see how much of to days "JUNK" will be restorable 70+ years from now!