Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 42-380 lost cap connection

Hi Everyone
Hope someone can help me with this problem. I bought this Philco radio 42-380 and upon removing it discoverd that One of the caps was only attached at one end. And even after downloading the schematic I don't understand where it connects on the other side. It is the .0015 cap. one side is connected at tube # 41 post but can't figuire out where other end connects. Looks like it may connect to red coated wire that comes off 5 w voice coil, but I am not sure . I plan on recapping completely. Can anyone tell me where it goes.
I have restored 3 other radios and have always just replaced one at a time so I don't have this problem.
Thank you
Bob

Yes - there is a .0015 uF cap (56) connected from the plate of one 41 tube to the plate of the other 41 tube. Pin 2 of each 41 tube socket.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Plate to plate capacitor make it a 1000 vdc (or more) type. Someone probably clipped it out when it shorted. It's there to tame oscillations and cancel harmonics above the audible range. A 1 KV ceramic is OK and keep the lead dress as tight as possible.

Thank you for your replies both were very helpful. Sure didn't want to guess where it went.
Thank YOU!