Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AK 55 Bread Box $300?

I saw that a metal box Atwater Kent 55 went for $300 on ebay? It was in nice shape, no speaker working condition unkown! Maybe I'm sitting on a GOLD MINE!

BILL Wrote:I saw that a metal box Atwater Kent 55 went for $300 on ebay? It was in nice shape, no speaker working condition unkown! Maybe I'm sitting on a GOLD MINE!

That surprises me, the going average for those metal box sets is under $50 (as is) on there just because of the shipping costs, not to mention that they aren't exactly rare. Either someone accidentally placed to high of a bid or there was some funny business going on.
Regards
Arran

Sadly, people get crazy on eBay alot and that can make life harder for the rest of us grounded in reality. Hope no-one in my area saw that sale or they will want that price for every metal AK radio that pops up! Icon_rolleyes

No matter where you go, there you are.

I've got one out in my barn ,to play when I'm working on my tractor,1937 John Deere A. '
Once in a while something goes crazy on ebay ,but it took atlest two to make it go from $8-$300, I've got two rought AK 20's to move out and I've been watching them they seam to be going higher than usual, but it looks like the bread boards are bring the money they use to?, I'd like a bread board
Things go in and out of popularity all the time , what I like about old radios in most cases when you complete a restoration you feel you've got a lot in it when ,not counting your time , you reach $50

300.00 is high for an AK 55, even in mint condition.