Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More model 20's

I bid one one a while back and won it. Today when to go pick it up in MD. The seller had two ,one was missing a leg both are early console models. I got the other one. So when to pick it up and the bidder of the missing leg set just wanted the innards. Seller gave me the console cabinet. The good part is the missing leg was inside the cabinet. I'm starting to accumulate a few of these 20's I think that's #4. Two cathedrals and two consoles Both cathedrals the cabinet are junk, the consoles are not bad for a 81 yr old.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Proud of you, looks like you have a leg to stand on.

Icon_lol Icon_thumbup !!!!

Actually, the 20 console is a neat little console. I believe it could be called a consolette. Send us some pics when you get a chance, terry.

BTW how's the model 21 project coming o long?

The model 21 I just finished up reconing the speaker.Was able to pickup up few cones on epay that I was able to cut to fit. I tried the salvage the original one but after gluing it all back together it lost it's structural integrity. Just didn't sound good. Got it playing in the consolette (reconed) as we speak (type). The chassis is working but haven't recapped the paper caps. At work I mixed up some paint to replicate the chassis color that gray/blue but it's very flat in sheen. So just have to prep the chassis for paint, paint it and recap and the chassis with be done.
The cabinet is a other story. Have to place a Mohawk order to get some finish for it.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

So, does this mean you are going to be the Philco 20 and 21 collector? Icon_wink

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN