Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unidentified Philco Cabinet.

Hi all,

In my tradition of finding unusual philcos every now and again, here is a cabinet a customer brought. I have a feeling its another manuf that was converted to a philco but I cant even find the front dial plate with its V shaped pattern in the Philco book. No tags or stamps inside the cabinet at all. I looked thru Stein and cant find the cabinet under another manufacturer there either.

Ideas??

Thanks

Keith
(trying to upload the images, not sure if they went in... Ill try again if they don't)

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Hi Keith

No, this cabinet is not an original Philco factory issue. It may very well be an aftermarket cabinet made by a third party manufacturer, but it did not come from the Philco factory.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I agree, it's not a Philco cabinet, I'm not sure what it was originally but that panel and escutcheon is from a 1934-35 vintage set (probably from a Philco MX type cabinet) while the cabinet is from between 1930-33 vintage. For some reason it reminds me of a Stromberg Carlson from that era but I don't think that it is.
Regards
Arran

Thanks, That confirms what I thought,... and ya know, I thought Stromberg Carlson too!
Its a mystery cabinet... a nice one, but collector value with the Philco stuff in it is nil. (and the Philco stuff is missing anyway)

Thanks

Keith