Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My cool 1920s Set!

Bought this from a collector who was downsizing, and I gladly took it off his hands. It is a Sentinel, 1929 model. Is an 8 or 9 tubecount. I just love this set, with its elegant 1920s classy look. I love all antique radios, but especially the late 20s/early 20s models. I guess it is my taste Icon_smile It does not currently play but does plug in and light up. I think chassis was replaced at some point, but it is complete. I just adore it! Icon_smile Just thought that I would share.

**I survived because I was tougher than everybody else**

--Bette Davis

radiofanky Wrote:Bought this from a collector who was downsizing, and I gladly took it off his hands. It is a Sentinel, 1929 model. Is an 8 or 9 tubecount. I just love this set, with its elegant 1920s classy look. I love all antique radios, but especially the late 20s/early 20s models. I guess it is my taste Icon_smile It does not currently play but does plug in and light up. I think chassis was replaced at some point, but it is complete. I just adore it! Icon_smile Just thought that I would share.

That is a beautiful radio! I love the early sets.

That's a keeper! I too like the older consoles.

Nice. And Sentinel was a "hometown" radio manufacturer, located in Evanston.

Chuck

Very nice set! The speaker grille looks like a '29 Philco lowboy. You gonna pull the chassis out and fix her up?
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Icon_thumbup

Thank you! They burn these radios at Kutztown. Kinda like the animal shelter "saving" pets.

Glad you saved this one. It looks great.