Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with pricing please

I am attempting to sell some radios and do not know what they are worth. The following radios were my Grandfathers and he had them running approximately 10 years ago. They are all in good/very good condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Philco model #511 - spanish brown - this has a cabinet that I believe goes with it, at least that is what my grandfather had written down.

Philco model #42-121

Zenith model #12 - battery operated - dated 1927

Shamrock - this doesn't seem to have a model number

Atwater Kent - I believe this is a model #70 - no cabinet

I also have a Thorophone base, no horn and a Radiola speaker model #100 with tears in the speaker mesh.

I have pics of everything exept the Radiola speaker and can upload if needed. Thank you in advance for any help!

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I'm sorry no one has replied to your post before now. So, I will give you some prices as listed in The Collector's Guide to Antique Radios, 7th edition, by John Slusser.

Incidentally, this book is widely available online and in many antique malls.

These prices should be taken with a grain of salt - they are based on radios "in good condition" with all knobs, speaker, tubes, etc. Radios sell for more on the West Coast than in the midwest. Nevertheless, radios do not always bring "book" price, especially in the current state of the economy.

Philco 511 - $80-105
Philco 42-321 - $40-50
Zenith 12 - $110-145
"Shamrock" is not listed in the Slusser book.
AK 70 - $110-145 (Note: This is complete with console cabinet)

Speakers and horns/drivers are not listed in the book.

I think you should post pictures here. This might help spur some more discussion about these items.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN