Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco radio and one unknow

Hi
I have a philco radio model 39-25 console with 4 knobs. Need to know what the other two next to the on/off and volume knobs. are? Also the unknow model is a console on legs (cabinet) (1935's?) label- "first national radio receiver" manu "gilfillan bro's" for balkeit radio corp. As for the Gilfillan the only label is on the metal plate on tuner? with the info list on my post.My cabinet has longer legs and 2 doors, 2 knobs. round tuning face, with "electron" label, as for the tube layout 3 on the left (type 80?) tuner? then 3 more (type 27?) will do pic thanks

Hi & welcome to the phorum,
The 39-25 console knobs from left to right...on/off...volume...band selection...tuner dial.
The unknown sounds like a Gilfillan out of Los Angeles,Ca. Does it look like this model 105A console from 1930? Look for any other markings/labels/numbers.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

If you post the tube line up for the First National, we might be able to narrow down the options available.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

What Carl said; plus, photos would also help in identification. Thanks.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN