Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A 37-650 is calling me!

Hey everyone,
These Philco's keep popping up around me Icon_crazy !
I could use a little advise. There is a 37-650 in a shop near me. It appears to be in fair original condition and other than someones attempt to splice in a new cord, it looks to be unmolested. No major cabinet damage. Enough finish is missing that I would have to redo the cabinet. One tube is broken and the RF mounts are shot and the band knob is not correct. other than that it looks like it would clean up nice.
They are asking $150.00 but would take $125.00 for it. Does anyone have any opinions or input? I'm better at the older sets. Would this be considered a good price for this model? Or am I just CRAZY!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Kevin

I looked for one of those cabinet styles for quite awhile before I settled on my 2650 model. The cabinet is the same but it has a longwave band in addition to BC and 2 SW bands.

If it were me (again) I would seriously consider the deal that you are looking at.

Hi Kevin

Is it a console, or a tombstone? $125 is a good price for a tombstone, not so good for a console. That's my opinion.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I really like the 37-650B tombstone and would snag it at that price. I had one I traded off years ago, BRB (before Ron's book Icon_wink, because of some splitting veneer. If I knew then how long it would be before I had a chance at another one I might have kept it.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it is a console model! Which is okay as I actually like consoles, other that the fact they take up more room! Icon_thumbdown

Yep. I assumed that you meant a tombstone too!