Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Member Howdy

Hello everyone! I just found this website and happy that maybe I won't have to do this alone. My dad recently gave me a Philco Model 41-300X that his aunt purchased new in
Tulsa or Sand Springs Oklahoma back when it was new.
The radio has been in the family all this time. When she passed away, her daughter had no interest in it, so my dad got. Now that he's 84 he's beginning to ask if there is anything that I would like before the vultures begin to circle.
He knew I've always like the Philco and suggested that I bring it back to Austin on one of my recent trips to visit him.
The cabinet is in really great shape but the power cord is NOT and as far as the electronics are concerned, I haven't a clue.
I'd like to begin restoring it by first making it operational and then, at your suggestions, begin to do whatever you think is best.
The wood on the end pedestals appears to be book-matched walnut and still has the original finish in good shape.
I tried to include photos but I don't know how to resize them yet. I'll shoot the insides when the wife isn't home.
I would appreciate any suggestions or direction to other pages on this site that would help me get started.
thanks.

Glad to have you, "crude4you"...I hope you feel welcome here.

This conversation continues over at the Bar & Grill...let's head over there and get a cold one since this is a duplicate posting:
http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=3717

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN