Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-380 Restoration update complete

[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM9FUKvv...e=youtu.be]

To the purists my appologies, I chose not to go with the faux finish on the verticals. The rest of the unit is as original.

Nice job! Icon_thumbup

Nice radio!
Clean sound too.
Leonid

Like the way you colored the portions of the cabinet that were formerly faux finish.

Was that Django Rheinhart you had playing on it?

I think it was Caravan Palace, but I'm not sure.

Congratulations, great save. Looks and sounds good.

A question, though: What's up with the "CNDI," "RUSS," "TORI," "CODY," and "BSTR" instead of AM call letters? Just wondering, no complaints...You did a great job straightening out the brass strip to put on your repro escutcheon, too.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Oh yes, I have heard of them. From France. Similar style to what Django and Stephane Grappelli did back in the day.

Hi Ron:
The radio tabs are for the members of the family's favorite station on the dial. The originals were baked, cracked and discolored so I replicated them using MS Word and printed out new ones. I also printed out some with radio calls in case I ever sell. After I printed them I sprayed the paper with a clear acrylic to stiffen the lable and protect the ink.
Worked out OK, nice and translucent and looks just like the orig.
Thanks again for a wonderful site.

Very nice job on one of my favorite Philco cabinets. Love to have one of those but no more room for consoles. I must admit I have said that before a couple of consoles earlier!
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.