Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Truetone D2210

I certainly agree about epay Jayce. I just mentioned the restored Truetone D-723 that is listed so you can see a nice example of one, and with the colorful dial lit up in the photos. The price went higher than I would have paid for it also, especially without the correct knobs.
Congrats on getting your Stromberg Carlson home after your long trip. Bet it will be a great sounding set after restoration! Icon_thumbup

Texasrocker Wrote:I certainly agree about epay Jayce. I just mentioned the restored Truetone D-723 that is listed so you can see a nice example of one, and with the colorful dial lit up in the photos. The price went higher than I would have paid for it also, especially without the correct knobs.
Congrats on getting your Stromberg Carlson home after your long trip. Bet it will be a great sounding set after restoration! Icon_thumbup

I still thabk you all around. I got a look at one of the Truetones and they are very nice indeed. The Stromberg shows the promise to be a good performer and a bit of a thumper once I get the bugs out of it. My friend already did a good bit of work to this set already including creating a new speaker surround for it since the leather was shot.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Jayce you have a very nice D2210 there.

I also have one of these that I found on our local Craigslist. The reason I searched for one was that when I was a youngster, my parents had one in the house. It also had the wood grain finish just like yours.

So I bought mine with all the chrome bars missing and the knobs were so fragile that they broke apart when I tried to pull them off the shafts. I have now recapped the radio, found new knobs and it is working well. I plan to keep this treasure and never sell it.

G.