Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What value 500x?

I'm new, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum. Seems the best place for it?

Anyway, what value might you reckon a decent condition, working 500x, but not restored, might fetch on eBay or similar? I know... Highly subjective and relates to exact condition, location, etc., but just looking for a range. Much thanks.

430752 Wrote:I'm new, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum. Seems the best place for it?

Anyway, what value might you reckon a decent condition, working 500x, but not restored, might fetch on eBay or similar? I know... Highly subjective and relates to exact condition, location, etc., but just looking for a range. Much thanks.

Are you selling or buying? It's really difficult to give a range without knowing the condition or seeing a picture first. Unrestored Floor models are a hard sell on fleabay at the best of times largely because of the shipping. All of the major parts have to be there, this set supposedly had a manually operated 78 rpm phonograph in the top so that has to be there as well. I have looked in the gallery for a picture of this set and all that is there is a grainy photo from an old catalogue, if you have this set would you be willing to donate a few pictures of it to the gallery? Actually if you want to sell this set the best place to start would be in the items for sale forum on this very Philco Phorum website, unlike fleabay it's free to list and you will hit your target market directly.
Regards
Arran