Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have gone over to the other side!

A friend of mine gave me one of the red ones that didn't work. So I had to fix it!! Then they started multiplying. What's a fella to do. Good playing sets!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53710524@N0...hotostream

Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Icon_think
Whats this world comming to?

It was just a short trip over to the other side. My dad worked the Motorola from the mid 60's in to the 1980's. He was on the 2 way radio side not the entertainment side of things. When is see something interesting that's Motorola I pick it up. In this case the first one was free! The other two I found on epay. The Airboy is kewl but I haven't seen a nice one that had a fair price.
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

It seems to be always one of the electrolytic caps. I have a little Philco that is absoute dynamite.

No shame in have a few transistor radios in the collection, especially the neat ones like those. They definitely take up less space and weigh far less than the hobby I have crossed over to in the past year's time. I have crossed over into the vintage arcade game side. Icon_lol

No matter where you go, there you are.

I confess to having a few little guys. Got a couple different Sony Watchmans and even started collecting old Mics.

Man i feel better. Maybe the mrs will let me skip church tomorrow!
Icon_crazy

Don't skip church. I always feel better when I go!!
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That's all I had to do on this one was replace 4 caps and fix a few broken wires on the loop antenna. A bit of a pain as the wire is very small. The original battery was a 226 which looks like a C cell with snaps on each end and it's 9v. The newer 9v battery would fit but it would put a bit of stress on the plastic cabinet. So I used a pair of vice-grips to shrink the width of the battery. It wasn't very pretty but now I've got a bit of space in the battery space with out stressing the case.

Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

7estatdef Wrote:It was just a short trip over to the other side. My dad worked the Motorola from the mid 60's in to the 1980's. He was on the 2 way radio side not the entertainment side of things. When is see something interesting that's Motorola I pick it up.
I can't fault you for picking Motorola. I'm a bit partial to them myself, and for a similar reason. I'm a tech on the two-way side of the house too.
Dave

Back in the 70's I did some work for a dealer doing installs of motrac's mocom70's and every once in a while al T Power or TwinV for a cheap skate that didn't want to upgrade his 20 yr old stuff.
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Believe it or not, I still see some of those dinosaurs from time to time. I've got a few Mocom 70's that still look brand new.
Dave

Terry: if you want to have some fun, the next time your wife is giving you a hard time, run over, grab one of your transistor sets, flip it open, and yell into it "Quick, Scotty, beam me up!!!"

TA Forbes Wrote:Terry: if you want to have some fun, the next time your wife is giving you a hard time, run over, grab one of your transistor sets, flip it open, and yell into it "Quick, Scotty, beam me up!!!"
Icon_lol

No matter where you go, there you are.