Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do I remove the stylus from philco 46-1203

I can't figure out how to get the stylus off the philco 46-1203 . The arm doesn't come up high enough to remove the stylus. I can't even see it. Is there a trick to get this off? I want to replace it so I can get this player working. Thanks

I've had to remove the changer from the radio and turn it upside down on the bench to get to the cartridge and/or stylus before. But I do not claim to be an expert on phonographs, especially the 1946-1948 Philco changers that all seem to have this problem.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well I finally figured it out. So I thought I would post it here in case someone else needs to know. There are 2 set screws that hold the arm on. The one under the arm must be loosened first. It is on the left side under the back of the arm. You need a short flat head screw driver. Once you have loosened it then the screw that is on the left side of the arm can be loosened. The first set screw seems to be tightened against the side screw. I kept trying to loosen the side screw but it wouldn't budge. The trick is getting a screw driver with the right size head and that is short enough. Once you have those loosened up the arm will come off so you can turn it sideways. You have to remove 2 more screws that hold the cartridge in place and then slide the wires off. I hope this helps