Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BakeLite Block Question

Working on a Model 16 chassis, with reference to a bakelite block 3615 AD and I'm wondering if there are any references (multiple) to the break down of what's inside of this and where it goes? From what I understand the block contains only two .05 caps.

The main reason why I'm asking about this is I've run into a problem maybe due to an oversight, or error. I restuffed this block with 2 .05's (.047's) and the results have lessoned the sound from bright and clear, to basey and not as loud. I'm wondering if this would just mean to go on recapping to eliminate the problem.

Location is wired into the tone control. I hope I'm not confusing you folks with my issues with this set. I sure appreciate any input and help.

Thanks,

Gary

73 de,

Gary/N9VU

Hi Gary,
From what Chuck has on his web site a 3615AD has only 1 .05 cap.
http://www.philcorepairbench.com/bblokcap.htm
I can't read the schematic very well. Very fuzzy to me. I think it's just a coupling cap #59? It connects from the plate of the 77 tube to the grid of the 42 tube.

Hope this helps
Terry

Hi Terry,

That's exactly what it is, one coupling cap. I don't know how I managed to assume there were two. Someone in another news group advised me of this and what pins to connect. The set now plays loud and clear. It shows the recapping I've done so far has well been worth while. The set went from a low volumed HUMMER, to a sensitive from end to end of band great player.

I thank you for your input and help as well.

Take care,

Gary

73 de,

Gary/N9VU