Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OH HECK!

I bought a 42-335T from ebay , for $9.90 with shipping it was under $20 , restorable shape missing three knobs, but they are the fairly common knobs , according to the PHILCO GALLARY 9,725 where built, has the old police band, I thought it would be good for tuning in that mystery station at 1700 ,not a really super looking radio, but OK for the price,. When it came in the dial glass was smashed! OH HECK!
Is this dial being reproduced?

Probably someone has a scan or you can doctor up what you have left, make a decal on a ink jet and float it on to a piece of glass or plexiglass. Just remember to invert the image if you want the decal to stick to the back.

Hello, Bill: Check out the repop glass dial for a model 41-230 offered by Radio Daze. Not sure if it will be the same dimensions, but the scale is similar to yours. Your dial should be 540-1600 KHz/1.6-3.3MHz, and the 41-230 is 540-1600KHz/1.6-3.5MHz.

BILL Wrote:I bought a 42-335T from ebay , for $9.90 with shipping it was under $20 , restorable shape missing three knobs, but they are the fairly common knobs , according to the PHILCO GALLARY 9,725 where built, has the old police band, I thought it would be good for tuning in that mystery station at 1700 ,not a really super looking radio, but OK for the price,. When it came in the dial glass was smashed! OH HECK!
Is this dial being reproduced?

I would file a complaint about the glass, it's clear that the set was not packed properly, if everything was bolted down it should not have shattered. In any event it may be cheaper finding a parts set with the same dial, I don't think that there is a repro of the one in this radio and it would cost around $35-40 to have one made from what I heard, whether it is worth it for an AC/DC set will be up to you. There was a fellow on another forum that found a business that does decals for glass windows that could replicate a duplicate dial but I can't remeber the name, just search that other forum for the information.
Regards
Arran

TA Forbes Wrote:Hello, Bill: Check out the repop glass dial for a model 41-230 offered by Radio Daze. Not sure if it will be the same dimensions, but the scale is similar to yours. Your dial should be 540-1600 KHz/1.6-3.3MHz, and the 41-230 is 540-1600KHz/1.6-3.5MHz.

It looks like the dial on the 42-335 has the same coverage if you look at the photo, the font is different but the Police band is also 1.6-3.5 MC so if the dimensions are the same it should be able to track.
Regards
Arran

The dial on the 41-230 in the PHILCO GALLARY looks close ,I found a part number on what's left of my dial glass 27-5717

Recommend you ctc Radio Daze, ask for Brian in the tech section, he should be able to help you with this.