Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mohawk Products at Pond Cove Paint

For those of you who buy your Mohawk lacquer from Pond Cove Paint, you may be interested in the following email I received from them this morning.

New Products From Mohawk

We are pleased to introduce a couple of new product additions to our Mohawk Finishing Products catalog. First is the Brush Tip Graining marker. The NEW Brush Tip Graining Marker features a micro brush tip applicator. This revolutionary marker and tip allows you to apply color exactly where it is needed without any messy powders, fluids or odors. This is the perfect color tool for service technicians, shop technicians or factory line technicians. This is simply the easiest marker that you will ever use! Another great new products is the Match-All Stain Marker. The Match-All Stain Marker can be used for highlighting doors, to touch up nicks and scratches on crown molding, wood floors, cabinetry, furniture and any other stainable wood surface. Just add your own water, oil or lacquer based stain. You can use your own stain colors for a perfect match!

Mohawk "Free Ground Ship" Offer Returns For A Limited Time

Just in time for the holidays. From now till the end of the year, we have brought back our "free ground shipping" offer for orders of $125 or more. Restock now on all of your favorite Mohawk Finishing products and take advantage of the lower prices!!

And this bit of bad news was also thrown in:

Mohawk Prices Will Be Going Up In February.

http://www.pondcovepaint.com/

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Mohawk or Pond Cove Paint. I am merely passing this information along to anyone interested.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

These guys are usually cheaper - also on sale -

http://www.woodfinishersstore.com/

Disclaimer: If they would like to send me cash or free paint i would be happy to accept it, however, at this time, I have been paying cash, just like everybody else.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I see what you mean, they are a lot cheaper then Pond Cove. The Pond Cove price for tinted lacquer is more then it is locally, the local source is around $9 a can but has a limited selection too. Mr. Houston's recipe for home made shading lacquer interests me, he said he used RIT fabric dye by blending red, black, brown, and green in different proportions, so I guess that Tintex would work as well since it's the same thing but a different brand.
Regards
Arran

Yow, Ultra Classic for $4.95 and Tone Finish for $5.25 at the Wood Finishers Store. Excellent prices.

My buddy GlennPR told me recently that there is a local outfit selling the stuff cheaper than Pond Cove, also. But not everyone has a local outlet for Mohawk products; thus, online ordering is the only option for some.

So, now that all of us have been made aware of the Wood Finishers Store, if you have to buy your lacquer online, save some $$$ and go there. Why not? No minimum orders, also. What a deal!

But you can't find out how much shipping costs are (these folks are in California, by the way) unless you create an account with them, put some items in your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout.

Whatever. I think I'll go listen to some Rammstein.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron Ramirez Wrote:Whatever. I think I'll go listen to some Rammstein.

How does Du Hast sound on the 'ol Philco? Icon_lol

Wunderbar. Icon_wink

Although, I think the speaker cone developed cracks after the third playing at full volume...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN