Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with Dial for Philco 38-7CS

Hello to everyone @ Philco Phorum Icon_smile

I am from Toronto, Canada and just joined this forum.

I have a problem with new purchase last week and this is my first Philco Radio 38-7Cs and 38-7C-A(Canadian)

The radio I got has a heat burn mark on the dial because previous owner has put a Eveready Flash light bulb which is bigger in size and brighter means closer to the dial plastic and more heat.

This dial is from a Canadian model so you see all the stations pasted on the dial instead of embossing. I need a dial no matter what stations are embossed on it but a clean one.

I am attaching two images one with the station stuck on the dial and one after removing those stations. Any advice or if you have the dial please PM or email me.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Ash

Hmmm. Don't see that Mark Oppat or Radio Daze have this! You could: 1. Have someone scan yours and use photoshop to get rid of the burn, then make you a decal that you wouls have to affix to an acceptable material; 2. Look for an original dial from other collectors. If you post your want here and in other sites you may find what you are looking for.

Radio daze does list a dial for the 38-4, but not sure if this would work for your set?

Thanks for the help "TA Forbes" Icon_clap
Yes this the one I am looking for.

Philco 38-4,no call ltrs. Daze Part # DS-A364

Ash

The 38-4 is the same dial. Philco had 3 models with that dial 38-4, 38-7 console and tabletop. I have a 38-4. The small tool that slides in through the dial handle to set your station cones can be made. I made one that works perfect out of a allen wrench ground down with a bench grinder and a dremmel tool. I leave it in the back of the console for storage.
Welcome to the Phorum. Icon_thumbup

Chicago Jimmy Wrote:The 38-4 is the same dial. .......... storage.
Welcome to the Phorum. Icon_thumbup
Thanks Jimmy.

Yes that tool Ken used to make but he stopped making them as there is no demand for it. But he is making one for me as a special favour.

I still would like to have the original dial for 38-7 or 38-4 or 38-22.

Do you know anyone who can help me get one? Thanks Icon_smile

Ash

Post your want here in the Phorum "wanted" site. You may get lucky! You can also post it in the antique radio forum site.

You can also look in John Kendall's site and in the Playthings of the Past site, you never know what is there. If you don't see it, send them an email.

Mark Oppat has a lot of old parts also, his site is oldradioparts.net.