Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grandfather clock radio, Model 70

I just got a Grandfather Clock Radio, it has a Philco Radio Model 70 Superheterodyne radio, with a Hammon clock. It has a paper label with says it was made by The Dearborn Co, Chicago, IL. Can any one give me more info on this radio or point me in the right direction. The clock works fine, so far I know I need to replace the cord on the radio. I would like to restore this right not half way. It is a nice clock/Radio. I am new to radios because I've always collected clocks, looks like I may be getting into radios somewhat. I've added a photo, any help would be great.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

Hi Herb
Welcome to the phourm!
Model 70(chassis) is a fairly common model but there are two different versions of it. There was an early and late version and electrically are very different from each other.
Probably the easiest thing for starters is to do a search in the phourm on Model 70.
I've got the model 370 which is the model 70 in a chairside cabinet. The 70 in a clock cabinet is known as a 570
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry