Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bakelite plugs of radio Philco 60, 84, 620, 610 ......????

one questions, each model of radio philco has a different bakelite plug ???????
o all philco radio have the same model ?
can you send to me page o pictures of bakelite plugs of model ??
thank you, Mauricio

Are you referring to the bakelite speaker plugs, or what? Please feel free to elaborate.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

hello again, not the plugs of speaker, i look for the model of plugs of finish of cable of the radio philco annes 30
Philco 60, 610, 620, 84, .....
my email is mauricioarancon@hotmail.com

Hi Mauricio

Do you mean the AC plug at the end of the power cord?

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

(Still getting used to a digital camera, so yes, this image is a bit blurry.)

I've deleted all of the duplicate topics on this subject, also. Please, let's confine this discussion to this topic to avoid confusion, okay? Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thank you Rom, one questions,
all bakelite plugs the philco radio annes 30 are same model ?

in the pictutes there are 3 bakelite plugs, are all the same model ? because the plugs of the left have not the drawing

sorry my ingles is bad, thank you Rom

The plug on the left differs slightly in style from the others, but this is the basic design of AC plugs as used on nearly all vintage radios, lamps, and other household appliances of the late 1920s through most of the 1930s.

Hard to pull out of the wall socket...not exactly the safest things ever made. Modern replacements are safer to use:
http://www.radiodaze.com/power.htm

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

i have much bakelite plugs of radio of this, but i look for the model of philco exact, because i colector of radio, and i want that my radios has all pieces origianal , incluse the plugs

i have some squematic but in this paper put L-943a, but i have not pictures.

do you know which is the model exasct the radios philco annes 30 ? 620, 60, 37-84 etc
thank you, Maruicio

I've seen both kinds, and other very similar styles, not only on the 1930s Philcos, but on other vintage radio models.

I wouldn't be concerned about the exact AC plug, since they do seem to vary on surviving sets. But to each his own...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN