Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 95 Main Power X-Former needed

I'm trying to repair a Philco 95 Lowboy (1929?) and after frying the Dual Bias resistor near the 80 tube, I've determined that I have some x-former issues, as I have ~325 on one tap but only ~150 on the other. I show approx 150 ohms to ground, so it looks like I have a few shorts to ground as well as to other windings in the main transformer. Can anyone recommend where to find a replacement? I'd prefer to keep it original as I still have the original speaker cloth and everything else has been updated, so multiple x-formers and modern rectifiers are a last resort only.
Thank you in advance for any and all help!

FB#9

Pull the part number off the transformer (or service info) and see if Play Things of Past has one:

http://www.oldradioparts.com

Other alternative is another 95 junker chassis.

If you don't need to be strictly authentic, a power transformer from Models 96, 111 or 112 will also work. They all look alike topside; the connections underneath differ from the 95 transformer, however.

Please do follow Chuck's advice re: checking with Play Things Of Past. This would be the easiest way for you to find a replacement.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN