Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picked up this Arvin console today !

woods bad but the rest looks good Anyone have anything like this one?
[Image: http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474...9811ec.jpg]
[Image: http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474...to0104.jpg]

Now that's neat! I'll have to show Debbie this thread...she is partial to Arvin sets.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Nice Arvin console indeed!! Great find fixinmyphilco! Enjoy restoring that set, it should sound really good after full electronics restoration!

@ Ron, my wife is also fond of the old Arvin & Truetone sets. We have many restored Arvin (Noblitt Sparks) metal midgets sets here my sweet wife brought in from her finds at antique stores, etc. over many years past. She loves the little metal sets indeed. We have all the early 2-tube metal midgets through the 4 tube sets made by Arvin, Mighty Mite, Kent, etc. that Noblitt Sparks built Radios for. These old rare metal midgets sets are in many different colors, and were at one time punch card giveaways at carnivals etc, as advertising items. Back when you could win something good at the State Fair or Carnival besides stuffed bears or cheap toys. Icon_thumbup

Nice radio! I like Arvin's stuff as well, especially some of the consoles they made. Sadly, they don't seem to exist around here and I mostly find thier 50's table radio offerings. Didn't they make radios for Sears for a while as well?

No matter where you go, there you are.

Hello Jayce, Yes, Noblitt Sparks Industries in Indiana who made the Arvin sets also produced sets for several other manufacturers, especially the small metal midgets radios, 2, 3, & 4 tube sets. They also made the metal midgets Silvertones sets for Sears. They also made car heaters for the old cars & trucks back in those days as well as many other items and appliances.

Nice find. No Arvins here eiither, at least under my roof! Jay, you never know what you may find just around the corner.