Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another New Acquisition - Philco Radiobar

Just got back from packing up and moving my daughter in a UHaul from Ft Lauderdale back home to Norfolk, VA. While I was down there on Saturday, I contacted a lady on a classified for a Philco radio. It was a chairside, but had the end part flipped up to show slots for glasses. The price was $100, so I jumped on it and when I had her on the phone I asked here if there were any glasses with the set. She said, "well I bought this long ago, but it did have some glasses that came with it that I put in the cupboard. There were several which she wanted to sell separately, so we settled for $140 total on the radio and glassware. I met her in Jupiter, FL in the UHaul and brought it back home where it sits in my collection...
The pictures below show that it is a scarce chairside radiobar. Decal read Philco Radiobar and Radiobar ID plate is inside. Still need to find more missing glasses, and it appears to have an area for decanters. Maybe someone can tell me what it SHOULD have in the way of glassware.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Nice find!!!!
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That's a neat set! Way to go!!

That is awesome!! I have never seen on like that before. What a super find Icon_thumbup

Gene

Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek

In addition....WOW!

-Greg

Where would the decanters go if there were any? I don't see any slots in the door that would fit something that tall.
Regards
Arran

Wonderful find. And you didn't have to risk shipping. Talk about being in the right place...

Phil aka Philbert Q. Desenex - Twin Cities, MN

Guys, thanks for the comments. Yes, I guess I was in the right place at the right time. Arran, I used to have a very early Radiobar with tall square decanters with metal/corked caps. for Gin, Whisky, Rye, and something else. If you notice in the picture, the slide out tray with metal bottom does not close flush with the back of the cabinet. It appears that there is room at the back to place a short row of those square decanters. that will sit on the wood of the cabinet and not on the metal tray.
Britt