Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Variation with the 37-650

This question is primarily for Ron, but if anyone else has info as well, feel free to chime in.

I noted in the Philco Gallery a different variation on the 37-650 console. On that one, there are a couple of horizontal inlays on both side of the dial, and on mine, which is pictured in a previous thread on the Phorum:

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=2

...it has 2 thin vertical inlays about 4 inces either side of the dial. This is the version of the 37-650 I've seen elsewhere besides the one I have. Otherwise, the two appear to be identical in every other aspect.

I'm just wondering if there is documentation regarding the two versions of this console, and how common it was to have this or other variations on other Philco models.

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

Bill

Sent from my Pentium II on the AT&T Dial Network

Hi Bill,

Just an observation, but your radio appears to match with the 37-2650X in the gallery Icon_confused:

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1937a.htm#bh

Paul

You're right, Paul. That's pretty interesting. The variation could be indicated in the similar model numbers such as 37-650 and 37-2650.

Looking at the production figures, it does indicate totals include both models, so I guess that makes sense.

Paging Mr. Philco! Icon_biggrin Your thoughts?

Bill

Let me look into this and get back to you. Bill, as you know, I've been "out of the loop" for awhile, so do you have a picture of your 37-650 posted here or elsewhere?

EDIT: I just noticed the link in your post above, Bill. DOH!!! Icon_confused Your 37-650 is a very nice set.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

OOPS!!! I don't often make mistakes Icon_lol but I see I have an incorrect photo in the Gallery. What is labeled a 37-650X is actually a 37-630X. I'll make the corrections later today.

Oh, and Bill, if you'd like to allow use of your 37-650X in the Gallery, I'd be honored...thanks.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Actually, the honor would be all mine. Icon_biggrin

Do you need a photo that is reformatted, or is the one posted adequate? Let me know what you need.

Nonetheless, this was an interesting topic. I looked at the cabinet label and couldn't find anything that indicated "37-2650" anywhere, but the "37-650" was big and bold.

Goes to show we all learn something new all the time in the world of old radios. Icon_wink

Bill

O.K., folks, Bill's 37-650X photo is now in the Philco Radio Gallery for the first half of the 1937 season (June 1936).

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1937a.htm#at

Many thanks to Bill for allowing use of his photo. And my sincere apologies for the initial error in pictures. Dealing with the sheer number of Philco models produced, the occasional error is bound to creep in. Icon_redface But at least in HTML format, changes/corrections can be easily made.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,

Always happy to help out any way I can.

Now, I'm assuming the other picture was of a 37-630, which was a terrific shot. Are you going to use that one in place of the catalog picture?

Bill

Yup, I'll make that correction also...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN