Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IF Alignment 41-290

I am attempting to align the IF circuit on a 41-290. All seems to have gone well except it appears there is no sensistivity to adjustment of trimmer 32A (I believe this is a slug in the coil). Is there something wrong since output appears to be unaffected by adjustment of 32A or is this simply the way it is.
The unit appears to play well, I was just surprised that trimmer 32A had no affect.

That slug should have a major effect on sensitivity. Can you see if the slug is actually moving up and down?

Richard

Without removing the IF can, I can't tell if the slug is actually moving. The unit appears to work nicely and I hate to tear into something that might not be broke.

Thanks for your input.

Had the same problem on my 37-610 and opened the can and found a broken coil connection at the trimmer. You will likely find something similar. It will likely be an easy repair.

Richard

Richard

Agree, but you should be able to tell if slug is moving by marking the tool you are moving (It should go up or down depending on how you are turning it.) If you are way out of range it could appear to have no effect. You should be able to read the coil resistances without disassembly of the can. You can also check if there are any shorts between primary and secondary windings. The caps inside are a differrent story. If you do tear this down, just replace 'em.