Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42 philco 1013 radio/phonograph

I have a 1013 1942 philco and have replaced all the caps and resistors that were off it worked poorly before I started , but now I'm done and have found the third IF transformer has an open between the red and white wires and have taken it apart and rewired it but the break must be inside a winding ,so I have no radio at all am or fm or sw . is there any way to work around this or are my stuck till I find a replacement its a 7 wire IF philco part # 32-3845 . it plays records great and have had the speaker completely redone . the phono is an Admiral rc 600 with a new cartridge dual 78/33 needle it plays 45's too any knowledge would help

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013498.pdf

Just for laughs take a small mica like 25-50pf and connect it to plate pin of the If amp and over to the green wire of the transformer. This should get you working on AM
Terry

I'm ashamed to say I dont understand fully where the plate pin of the IF amp is and I assume you mean the green wire of the (IF) transformer right ? does IF amp mean the amp tube if so could you tell me which one would you mean the 7v7 that the white wire connects to?
and I have a 100pf is that too big , I can get a smaller one

(03-03-2012, 09:41 PM)magicclocks Wrote:  I'm ashamed to say I dont understand fully where the plate pin of the IF amp is and I assume you mean the green wire of the (IF) transformer right ? Correct does IF amp mean the amp tube if so could you tell me which one would you mean the 7v7 that the white wire connects to?
and I have a 100pf is that too big , I can get a smaller one

No problem should be a white wire connected to pin 2of the 7V7 that would be the plate pin. 100mmf is fine. The last IF amp, the one with the bad transformer.
Terry