Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magnavox Regency Symphony 155-B

Boy, that's the best comparison I've ever seen from one cloth to the other. My prewar Belvedere has just a little scrap of the original cloth. Since the original cloth is OK on both my 37 and 38 690 Philcos, I can use some of my Philco ribbed on the Maggie Belvedere.

I have a Magnavox 151-B, a Magnavox 155-B, and a Magnavox 355-H.
I saw a previous post about a link to download owners manuals, but I did not see the actual link.. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much. Joe

Perhaps you mean this thread?

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=4368

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Wow! Ron, Thanks so much, your the greatest! Joe

Just picked up an identical unit on Saturday. Will need some work, especially the cabinet which looks like a dog was hungry for the edges. What a miracle this Restorafinish stuff is. At least it hides the missing mahogany color. I know it is working since the guy I bought it from powered it up and I heard an AM station. The RC has been changed from the original to a Webcor (can't find the model #). I'm thinking that this was a change out by the dealer since a matching motor board is installed. Never seen this changer before. It has a revolving platform for the 3 sizes of records which holds them up and then pushes one off. Has auto shutoff too and 3 speed. As I recall, WC made the first changers Maggie used, and Webcor followed WC. Has an old EV38 cartridge which still works. I'm really anxious to get this thing powered up and see what it sounds like on records. Would love to get a hold of one of their FM tuners to put on the shelf below the main radio chassis. I used to have one of their old consoles which actually had that separate FM tuner, but it is long gone after getting rid of nearly everything in IL to move to TX 4 years ago. Will hope to post some pictures of this as I get it restored. Grille cloth missing completely from right side, so will replace both sides with something from probably Antique supply out in AZ.

I don't remember whee my 155B went, it disappeared in '72.

Mike

Back to the Maggie R-S issues. In the last week, there have been two Magnavox Regency-Symphony sets in CL for sale.

One was reasonably correct, but the other was so butchered up, it was a very sad joke. The control panel and receiver chassis appears to have been from a Maggie Windsor. Too large for the smaller R-S cabinet. rear view showed the correct amplifier for the R-S chassIs, with the 4-6V6 power amps. The phono compartment was removed from the cabinet, and a few smaller speakers replaced the phono compartment. there was a big hole where the speaker had been (whatever it actually was), though the ad told that it had been a 15 inch.....not correct for a Regency Symphony, anyway. The R-S and Belvedere models used 2-12 inch speakers. Probably the correct R-S chassis had been replaced because the chassis in the cabinet had the FM band on it, and the earlier R-S sets didn't have the FM on the main receiver chassis. Later R-S sets did have a later receiver chassis with the FM band in them, and were single chassis sets. this thing had been the product of some self-styled "engineer", who made pure junk out of it.