Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

E H Scott Allwave 15

Just brought home an EH Scott Allwave 15 from an estate sale, thanks to Ron for instant help in identifying this set from the picture and the encouragement to go and get it. Don't know much about EH Scotts. Chrome looks pretty good, all tube shields and coil covers, transformer shells are present, cabinet only minor nicks here & there, no apparent tears in the Scott pedestal speaker, looks to be complete and this radio, even without the amp chassis in the cabinet is HEAVY! Came with the instructions manual.

I'll post some pix when I figure out how. Got to get my genius brother to help me figure things out I'm not that compooter savvy.

Mike

(03-19-2012, 10:50 AM)Mikhail7 Wrote:  Just brought home an EH Scott Allwave 15 from an estate sale, thanks to Ron for instant help in identifying this set from the picture and the encouragement to go and get it. Don't know much about EH Scotts. Chrome looks pretty good, all tube shields and coil covers, transformer shells are present, cabinet only minor nicks here & there, no apparent tears in the Scott pedestal speaker, looks to be complete and this radio, even without the amp chassis in the cabinet is HEAVY! Came with the instructions manual.

I'll post some pix when I figure out how. Got to get my genius brother to help me figure things out I'm not that compooter savvy.

Mike

Congratulations, you have a treasure. I'm sure you will take the restoration slow and steady. Withe this type of set, you are self elevated from restorer to curator, if you get my drift.

Wow, Mike, that's quite a score!!! That's a pretty high buck set, definitely worth doing right!

Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Hi Codefox,

Thanks, just the look of the chrome shouts CLASS! I had no idea what the radio was in the sale picture so I sent it to Ron. A really quick ID too. He persuaded me I should go for it.

I never dreamed this downtown lackey might actually rub shoulders with the Hahvard gentry. Oh, do turn on the stock report and fluff me, won't you, Gilligan?

Mike

Hi TA,

Thanks, I think we posted at the same time.

Me, I'd have said who'd a thunk it, this ritzy radio showing up like it did. Ron says he's never seen the style cabinet it's in. It isn't anything really ornate but it's in pretty good shape. I feel very privileged to have found this and the 37-690 in November.

Mike

Has anyone here ever removed a chassis from the cabinet of this era of an EH Scott? Seems like there's some nuts that require a nut driver for removal from the top, there's nothing on the bottom of the chassis board.

Mike