Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

They're baaaaaaaack!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/atq/2909977594.html

This is the Maggie Regency-Symphony that I looked at a year ago The goof balls couldn't be convinced that 1), it ain't stereo, and 2), the price was out of sight.

Foolishly, I did offer them (they're a couple of brothers) $160 for the thing, because it's very nice. I'm happy that they turned me down!

The set is a late Regency-Symphony. It has a CR 198F chassis: it has the FM band., as I remember, which is a single chassis, with Push-Pull 6L6's pushing the speakers. I seem to recall that it has a W-C 256 changer. The set works feebly.

I might have really gone after it, but I like the earlier versions of this set, with the separate amplifier on the floor of the cabinet. This set has an open cabinet lower structure, as it doesn't need the floor for the amplifier.

These jokers held fast to their high price, and I'm sure that they're still rock steady on it. They kept advertisiing it into around August, then disappeared. Two very hard heads!

I thought that Bill Cahill might get a hee-hee out of all this.

(03-19-2012, 07:46 PM)Doug Houston Wrote:  http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/atq/2909977594.html

This is the Maggie Regency-Symphony that I looked at a year ago The goof balls couldn't be convinced that 1), it ain't stereo, and 2), the price was out of sight.

Foolishly, I did offer them (they're a couple of brothers) $160 for the thing, because it's very nice. I'm happy that they turned me down!

The set is a late Regency-Symphony. It has a CR 198F chassis: it has the FM band., as I remember, which is a single chassis, with Push-Pull 6L6's pushing the speakers. I seem to recall that it has a W-C 256 changer. The set works feebly.

I might have really gone after it, but I like the earlier versions of this set, with the separate amplifier on the floor of the cabinet. This set has an open cabinet lower structure, as it doesn't need the floor for the amplifier.

These jokers held fast to their high price, and I'm sure that they're still rock steady on it. They kept advertisiing it into around August, then disappeared. Two very hard heads!

I thought that Bill Cahill might get a hee-hee out of all this.

You should go offer them $140 for it, then if they don't take it offer $120, just like the the Senior Richard Harrison (old man) does on Pawn Stars. If nothing else it will be good for a laugh to see the look on their faces. It reminds me of the morons on my local Craigslist that think their early 1950s RCA Victor with 45 player is worth $250 firm and that they go for up to $400 on fleabay and in antique shops, so I posted another ad calling out their B.S and offered my 1949-50 vintage Stromberg for $50 OBO, no takers yet.
Regards
Arran

I use a similar Maggie as my garage radio I got from my Radio repairman for $100 all recapped and playing nicely.

He got it from a customer who wanted to scrap it out but it was too nice. Mine also has the newer FM module so I can listen to Lady Gaga when ever I feel the need. A very nice and heavy set. I also used to have another one of these when I lived in Florida.

That one I paid $75 as-is. It was very rough and the sellers had wrapped the blown fuse with aluminum foil to keep it working.

I believe these sold new in late 1940's for up to $600.