Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

90 cathedral grill cloth

I am restoring a model 90 cathedral cabinet that is walnut and has the 5 piece base trim with bakelite bezel. does anyone know if the grill cloth should be gold/whiskey or copper? I have seen both used on restored cabs. but I have never seen one in original/unrestored condition.
Thanks, Todd

The cloth should be whiskey in color in the Model 90.

I've only seen the copper used on some Model 89 and 19 sets, and these usually appear to be whiskey until you remove the old cloth from the cabinet and find that the "whiskey" is actually faded copper.

Good luck finding any now. Like all of the other popular cloth patterns, neither Radio Grille Cloth Headquarters, Radio Daze or Antique Electronic Supply has any left.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Quote:Good luck finding any now. Like all of the other popular cloth patterns, neither Radio Grille Cloth Headquarters, Radio Daze or Antique Electronic Supply has any left.

Thanks, its a good thing I have a little of each left over from previous restores. I am sure with the high demand, that someone somewhere is already in the process of trying to reproduce grill cloth. atleast I hope.