Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

alignment procedure

Hello:
Where can I find a written alignment procedure that outlines the use of a standard frequency generator instead of using a Jewell 560 oscillator?
Thank you-Dan

Hi

You have a few choices when it comes to alignment info.

1. "Complete Instructions for Adjusting All Philco Radio Receivers," Philco, 1935. Covers 1928 through 1935 models. Has been reprinted in the past, but a quick look at the Radio Daze and AES sites indicated neither carries it.

2. "Aligning Philco Receivers," John F. Rider, 1937. There are two versions of this book - one carries the above title alone, the other adds "Volume 1" to the title. Covers 1928 through 1937 models, with basic instructions at the beginning of the book. OOP (out of print) - look for this one at used booksellers, swap meets, eBay, etc.

3. "Aligning Philco Receivers - Volume 2," John F. Rider, 1942. Covers 1938 through 1942 models. Also OOP - find from used booksellers, eBay, swap meets, etc.

4. Order the schematic for your Philco from Chuck and get the alignment info as part of the package. (shameless plug) Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron
I have several schematic packages that I ordered from Chuck. I have a model 90 that has been played with evidently by several before me and including me. I have a package I bought from Chuck for a model 70. The alignment instructions that came with the 70 covers both the 70 and the 90. the procedure for both is with the use of a Jewell 560 oscillator. I have a set of the Riders troubleshooters manuals and for most radios Nostalgia Air is fine but Chucks packages are hard to beat. Thanks again