Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season

Hey, Steve (Davis)! Success!

I was away from home most of the day today, and while out and about, I picked up the smallest can of dark walnut stain that I could find.

After getting home, I wiped it on top of the 42-761EZ...and all the gray pores turned very dark brown, nearly black! Icon_thumbup

Since I had sprayed sanding sealer on the cabinet before applying grain filler, the stain darkened the filler only - it could not penetrate the wood because of the sealer. So it was a simple matter of wiping the stain on, and immediately wiping the excess off.

Now I'll let it sit for a few days to let the oil stain completely dry before proceeding. I'll have to finish filling the grain on top since the thinned-down Behlen stuff did not do the job, plus I still have to fill the grain on the front and sides. I'll use CrystaLac for the remainder of the work. At least I know CrystaLac won't dry to some odd color!

Thanks, Steve, for the great idea! I should have tried that the first time around...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 08-26-2012, 06:31 PM