Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season

Well, folks, I found that I was able to successfully reconstitute, or revitalize, or revive, or whatever, my can of Constantine's walnut filler by adding a little mineral spirits, waiting a couple weeks, then stirring the heck out of it.

So I've been rushing to fill the grain in the 42-761EZ with my old Constantine's product (yes, I did pull the can out of the trash), and since yesterday was probably our last 80 degree day for who knows how long, I got as far as applying Medium Walnut toner overall to the cabinet.

If the temp gets up to 59 as predicted Saturday, I will mask off the cabinet, take it outside long enough to apply the dark highlights, then take it back in again right away.

I won't be able to completely finish the cabinet right away because it needs decals that I do not have (yet).

Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to mess with it any more this year. But every day as I passed by the stripped cabinet, it bugged me...and when I found the Constantine's filler was still usable, I decided to give it another try.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 10-26-2012, 06:22 AM