Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season

Ron, a newbs question on the refinishing. The two tone look with the edges of the trim being very dark or black...is that an original style finish? I have noticed that on a couple of my small table tops, they have the edges very dark or black. However the 1931 Model 90 I'm working on did not appear to have that treatment when I began the stripping process. It is a very attractive set up, but what was the original finish like? The edges of the arch on mine, after one coat of stain are lighter than the rest of the wood. I may try to carefully apply a second coat to the edges that are lighter. The 90's I see on the web that seem to have original finish do not appear to have had the two toned deal going on with the possible exception of the edging on the speaker grill. The sides and front piece came out pretty dark, and the columns came out about medium. I had totally stripped it and applied one coat of a medium walnut stain leaving it on for about a minute before wiping off. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2012 Season - by Groundhog74 - 11-01-2012, 09:44 AM