Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial Pointer & String Philco 40-150

HI! I've got this 40-150 that is missing these parts! No dial string and most important no pointer can any one out there in Philco Land HELP the big wheel that the string goes around will tune the stations if I turn it by hand also the push buttons work ok The pointer is long as it covers 3 bands Thanks in advance guys I hope you can help?

Just wondering if you ever found the part you were looking for. I just picked up a 40-150 my self with the exact same problem. I also need the indicator or pointer as well as a diagram for restringing. Thanks for your reply. Bob

Robert Chesarek
Renfrew, PA

Hello Bob. If memory serves me I got the dial pointer from " PLAY THINGS OF PAST" http://www.oldradioparts.com Gary has a treasure trove of rare stuff. By checking back at his web sight periodically he had one for sale. In a pinch sometimes you can use a paper clip if the slider is there. There is a web sight that shows dial stringing, but I don't recall it's address maybe one of the other members can help with that. GOOD LUCK DAN. Icon_wink

Hello Again; I forgot to add, This is a GREAT sounding radio; I have a 40-190 & two 40-150's & a 40-155. I like to see those wine colored buttons lit up. The slant fronts sound as good as the art deco 40-190 console. DAN 8)

Hey Dan, thanks for the reply. Yes, I am missing the slider also. Any chance you would have a close up pic of the part so I know exactly what I am looking for? If not don't sweat it, there is a lot of work to do yet. I am looking forward to hearing the restored chassis as you and others have said they sound great! Thanks again, Bob

Robert Chesarek
Renfrew, PA

The dial stringing for the 40-150 is the same as your other 40-150 and 40-155 that you mention, btw.