Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 decal

I know RadioDaze sells these. Can somebody tell me what group of labels would be most like the Model 60 label? Thanks.

The only thing Radio Daze sells that will look right on your Model 60 would be their DCL-PH-HiFi decal set. This is the only sheet they sell that have the PHILCO trademark in the proper fonts (1932-36 and 1937-up).

Also remember, you only need the PHILCO trademark - none of the knobs had decals above them.

Take one of the decals that reads "PHILCO" with small "HIGH FIDELITY" in block letters under it, cut off the "HIGH FIDELITY" part and you will have an authentic-looking decal.

All of their other PHILCO sheets are in the wrong font.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron: thanks for nice explanation.

HEY....wait a minute..uh..

Oh yeah - I'M A SHEEPLE!!!! And I RESEMBLE that statement!!!!

I guess I'm one tooIcon_redface

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

OK, folks, I apologize for the "Savage" rant. Icon_redface And I've edited my previous post accordingly.

But let's face it...a company is not going to listen to one person's complaints. Now, they might listen to the complaints of several.

Bottom line: If you're happy with decals that look nothing like the originals, keep buying them. If you're not happy and want something more authentic, let them know.

Why am I so passionate about this topic? Simple: I think that if we are going to apply reproduction decals to our radios, that we owe it not only to ourselves, but to future generations, to make sure those decals are authentic. Period, end of story.

No offense intended towards anyone.

No offense intended toward Radio Daze. They make a lot of good stuff available to us that we would not have otherwise.

But, darn it, we need good, authentic decals!

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes, but it will be good to have the correct script, etc. with the decals.

Mike

Mike, I think you had asked who to contact?

Well, they have a "contact us" form on their site, but try contacting Mike Slusser. He posted the following over at ARF seven months ago:

Quote:I have an open door policy and always welcome criticism, comments, feedback etc. You may contact me directly with issues, problems, etc ANYTIME! - email me at mws@radiodaze.com
http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopi...7#p1496247

So there you go. Come on, guys, back me up here! Don't leave me as the only person speaking out about this issue, or else these decals will never get changed.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I'm going to send Mike a message.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Done!

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Icon_thumbup

Way to go Steve!

Anyone else?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron, your "rant" is coming from an expert in "Philcology," hence it is valid. We all benefit from your expertise as the #1 "Philcologist."

I will send a message too.

email sent.

Thank you, Tom, that's very kind of you to say. I appreciate it.

Come on, folks, let RD know how you feel about those decals...don't be shy. For goodness' sake, don't give the poor fellow a cussing, but constructive criticism can't hurt.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Make it correct. Can't take it very long to get a correct font or near enough, and scale appropriately, then run of dozens of decals on a single sheet and clip them up and peddle them. Only a few hundred customers out there, so make friends here!