Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mea Culpa

I've just purchased a Philco 60B, very nice. Pictures posted below. You can understand why I wouldn't want to strip this and do it over -- I'd like to save as much of the original as possible.

My guilt comes from the fact that I asked this question about a week ago, I think it was on this forum, and got a very long, detailed, and wonderful discourse on how I should proceed. Somehow, I didn't print that essay, and I can't find it now.

Would the person who did such a great job please have the forbearance to give me this information again? (Comments from anyone are welcome, of course.) I'd like to make this set as presentable as possible while preserving whatever I can.

Thanks very much, and my apology. It won't happen again!

David Sligar

Attached Files Image(s)

David,

If you click "user CP" (above) you can see all the posts you have made. I took the liberty of looking and didn't see any other posts where you had asked about refinishing the 60B. Maybe someone else with more savvy can look.
You can check the other forums the same way.

Regards,

Tim

Thanks, Tim -- Maybe it was only in my mind that I had posed this question. I did look through my posts, came up blank as did you.

But, for the benefit of everyone, I did find an essay on the subject which has some really useful information. It's here:

http://www.radiolaguy.com/info/SonnysTechTips.htm

from Radiolaguy.com

These tips include a range of subjects -- probably most of you know this site, but this particular page is not necessarily easy to find. The finishing part is a ways down the page.

Highly recommended!!!
Best regards, David

That is useful info all throughout the web-page.
Thanks!

There is an excellent thread about the evolution of the model 60 here in this site. It is superb, and was a big help when I was restoring a model 60 for a friend of my daughter's a few years ago.