Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Dial Scale for Grundig Model 1088

I recently acquired a Grundig Majestic 1088. The seller did a poor job of packing it and the radio arrived with the glass dial scale smashed.

It happens that I just restored a Grundig Majestic 2028 and it uses the exact same dial scale. So I took a high resolution scan of it.

Does anyone know of a source that can reproduce the dial scale with my file or print out some type of decal that I could install over a piece of glass?

I found one source but they couldn't do a scale this big - it's 16" wide by 3" high.

Thanks!

Not at a ll an expert on this stuff, but perhaps two decals each 8 inch could be made. Alignment would be tricky, but perhaps a couple of sets could be made in case of a problem. I suppose best would be inverted image, so that decal would be mounted on back of glass or plexiglass replacement piece. Any more idaas?

I think that radiodaze now has some sort of process for custom printing glass dials, I think it works something like a high quality car window decal (not the crappy vinyl ones that peel off) where they use a type of printer and transfer. You may want to ask them or see if a local sign company offers this process.
Regards
Arran