Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How heavy is a 37-116x?

I want to have one shipped via Greyhound to me. They have a limit of 100 pounds. I know its heavy, but don't think its that heavy, but I'd like to know for sure to avoid a problem. The also ask for the longest dimension, which I assume is around 40 inches. Does anyone have one they can measure for me?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,
I measured my 37-116 for you. here are the dimensions- 42 3/4 inches high, 26 1/2 inches wide and 15 inches deep. I can't say as to weight but it is very heavy. I'm guessing at least 50 to 60lbs plus you'll have to figure extra for packing and crating. Also make sure the shipper secures the chassis to the cabinet well. I believe originally the chassis was only held in by one screw! Hope this helps, good luck!
Kevin

Steve,

Because of the weight of the chassis, have you considered shipping it with the chassis out? These are very top heavy with the chassis in place.

Glenn

Happily back in Illinois..not.

Agree with all - don't ship it with the chassis in place! Have your seller ship the chassis separately, via FedEx Ground/Home Delivery.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I think that taking either the chassis, or speaker out, or both, and shipping and shipping the cabinet seperately may be the best way to stay under the limit. I have a 1936 116 chassis and that weighs roughly 40 pounds alone, it only has 12 tubes but the 37-116 has 15 and an RF sub chassis, how much this adds to the weight I don't know but it would have to be at least an extra 5 to 10 pounds over the older 116s. I would take the chassis out and pack that up seperately if it were mine, or better yet pick it up in person. Since the cabinet is going by bus ship the chassis the same way, there is less handling involved if it goes by bus then by any of the courier companies.
Regards
Arran

A reminder germane to this discussion. You never know when a member might be driving a truck with extra space near to your location from where that hard to ship radio is located. If you make your location part of your profile/signature on the left, you could get lucky.

Phil aka Philbert Q. Desenex - Twin Cities, MN

So does it mount the same as a 38 116?

On that one I have a guide pin in the back center that the screw goes through and the tuner sits in the hole in the cabinet. There are stops in front of the chassis, but no where for them to mount in the cabinet and thats it.