Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-690 audio problem

I'm sure you thought of this but couldn't you just hook those little puppies up off the output transformer with the proper cap to limit frequency? I know, not stock but I would think, with my limited knowledge, that might work?

Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

It was "sofaslug" Bob from the other forum who had the same trouble with his 38-690. He had a new interstage transformer wound by Heyboer for his set. Bob told me that someone else had to have the same transformer rewound recently, and Heyboer still had the specs for it.

His cost $95 four years ago, turnaround time 1 week.

More info here.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/view...&view=next

If you decide to go this route, send me a PM first and I'll give you Bob's name. If you give his name to Heyboer, they can look it up and will be able to find the specs for it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the link to that thread, it was interesting.

I'll contact the owner of the set and see if he wants to make that investment in the set.

Chuck

I ordered the transformer today. Cost was $90 + shipping, 2 week lead time.

Wait and see.

Chuck

If anyone in the future has a problem with this part (part 152 on the schematic, Philco part 32-7876), Heyboer Transformers in Michigan will rewind. Make sure you specify Part HTS-9530 . That's their code for this transformer.
Thanks again Chuck for the part number; it really helped me get the job ordered.

Ted