Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 111 grommet question

Can anyone suggest a source and p/n for the chassis mounting grommets for my 111 restoration? Three are in little pieces and one is missing. Thanks for your help. Getting ready to start on the project.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Do you know how thick they should be?
I have not gotten to the point of mounting mine. It had no spacers when I got it. The radio was mounted on top of a 1/2 inch slab of LDF. I make a lot of those parts myself.

Renovated radios http://renovatedradios.com/parts.html Sells a lot of those rubber washers just need to know what size and thickness.

-Keith

Thanks IPwizard. I did go there and found something I might be able to use. Hard to tell from the deterioration of the old ones. Nice thing, with a little work, these can be changed a little with an exacto knife. Tough stuff to cut. Will report back if my selection will work without mods. Thought someone perhaps had already done this and found something that worked. Some times on this Phorum you feel like your singing to an empty church. I just think you guys on the Phorum know more about these dang Philcos but it seems to take a long time to answer a question. At least, your pleasant and don't seem to be many fire fights.

Jerry

I suspect many don't have a great answer for certain specific problems and hope someone else comes up with a more ingenious solution. I know that's what I do. Even though I have an extensive background in electronics, I've never really tackled anything made before about 1980. This is like learning a new language to me, and I have to rely on others who have "been there and done that." While I can probably come up with a workable solution to many problems, I'm pretty sure someone else has a better idea born out of practical experience.

Will let you know how what I just received will work. Sets down nicely in the hole on the base. May stand a little tall. Will not try to put the chassis back until such time it is restored. At worse, perhaps change the height a little.
Jerry

Well, if you have a pack of replacement plumbing washers, you might have just what you need, but be carefull slicing remainders with razor blades. Better spongier ones on line.