Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Made a few radio finds today!

I bumped into an antique dealer friend of mine today and came home with a couple radios. The first is a Philco 46-1201 'Bing Crosby' that I got for $20. All complete except the dial cord has broken and the dial pointer has obviously fallen out a long time ago. So, will need to replace that. Actually was in better shape than I thought after an intial cleaning.
The second radio is an unknown Arvin console I got for free. Cabinet is decent and the chassis is there, but it is missing the knobs and the speaker.
The final item I got for free is a nice dial glass off an RCA radio that had the 'racetrack' type of dial. I snagged it as it was falling to the floor and he said it would be safer with me.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Jayce, Great finds! Icon_thumbup I especially like the Arvin.. What is the model number? Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I don't know what the model number is on the Arvin. There is no tube diagram tag on it, but there is a tag on the chassis with what appears to be a chassis number. I'll check it out tomorrow if I remember.

Neat! You just never know what is just around the next corner....

I thought you ran out of space!!!
Terry

I am running out of space. Every time I get rid of one radio, another appears! Hey, I can't turn down a free console radio... The Philco is a table set, so it doesn't count. Icon_smile

Radio collectors are always in search of the "golden equation."

That is : I = (number of radios) divided by (dimensions of room)

For most collectors, I is undefined, but is something hoped to be a number larger than the number of radios currently owned.

In fact, for most collectors, this number is hoped to be something near infinity.

I'm getting about as bad as a couple radio collector friends I know. I now have a few consoles CAREFULLY stacked on top of consoles. I'm even looking at how to incorporate a few old radios in with my arcade games! LOL